The Gilis are paradise and secluded islands with white sand, clear blue ocean water, corals and palm trees all around. They are just a couple of hours away from Bali by fastboat. Gili are on the list of what Baliblogger recommends to do during your vacation in Bali.
To order tickets and find out all about the trip to Gili go to this page.
To get more information about the Gili islands you can read this article.
The price for the return ticket to Gili:
The price includes: a ticket for fast boat to Gili Trawangan or Gili Air round trip + transfer from the hotel to the port and back + tickets delivery + information support about Gili in English
- Fast boats with a capacity for 30 to 50 people. Departure to Gili is from Padang Bai port. The journey time: 1.5-2 hours.
- The boats schedule from Bali. An early option of a shuttle bus from the hotel is at 7 am, departure from the port is at 9 am, arrival at 10:30 in the morning. Late option: transfer at 10am, departure from the port is at 12, arrival to Gili is at 14:00. Departure from Gili is at 11:00 am and 14:30.
- The free shuttle service is from the main resort areas in the South of Bali and Ubud. (For the remote areas the surcharge will be at the rate of 30,000 – 50,000 per person, the price may be specified in advance when ordering the tickets).
- You can buy a ticket with an open date, when the return date is confirmed the day before your departure at the ticket office in the port in Gili Trawangan or Gili Air.
- Free tickets delivery to the Sothern areas of Bali.
- Informational support about Gili and Bali in English.
Send your request for tickets to Gili
Contact us +62 87777120888 (in English) or complete the form below:
Frequent questions about the Gili Islands:
How long is it better to stay?
The minimum duration is for one night, as the boats leave only in the morning. But one day is not enough to see everything, as you will arrive to Gili in the afternoon, and you will have to leave the next morning. I would recommend to stay for at least two nights, this is the optimal time to explore the Gili shortly.
Which island to choose?
Gili Trawangan is a party island, here despite the size of the island you will not get bored. Gili Meno is the quietest, the perfect choice for a romantic getaway. Gili Air is the Golden mean, it’s not as noisy and crowded as Trawangan, but also not as empty as Meno.
Where to get a diving course?
Diving centers are in Gili Trawangan and Gili Air. You can even get the PADI certificate there. Snorkeling (with a mask and fins) is available in all islands. Diving in Gili is cheaper than in Bali.
Whether to book the accommodation in advance?
It is up to you. Accommodation can be easily found on spot in Gili Air or Gili Meno. In Air and Meno the prices for a simple bungalow (no air conditioning and hot water) start from$ 15 per day. In Trawangan it is a bit more expensive. Average and more expensive bungalows and hotels are also available. If you decide to book in advance, check the prices here.
What about the money exchange offices and ATMs?
There are exchange offices and ATMs in all three islands. But I recommend to exchange/withdraw money in advance in Bali.
photos belong to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_wood