The ascent to the Batur volcano and watching the sunrise on the top is one of the most beautiful and memorable things to do in Bali. The climbing itself is not difficult and available to anyone without any special training.
The Batur volcano is the caldera (crater) of an old volcano, inside of which there is a volcanic lake. The top to climb to is 1717 meters. Up there you can see all the surroundings and neighboring volcanoes at a glance, highlighted with the incredible colors of the sky while the sun is rising.
The cost of climbing Batur:
60$At least two persons The price also includes: the ticket delivery to your hotel + transfer to the volcano + local guide for climbing the volcano + information support about Bali in the English language.
- The climbing is at the predawn hours; watching the dawn on the top of the volcano.
- The ascent itself does not require any special physical preparation (but better not to have any alcohol the night before).
- the approximate schedule for the trip:
- 01:00-02:00 – transfer from the hotel
- 04:00 – start of the climbing
- 05:30-06:00 – watching the sunrise and breakfast
- 09:00 – the end of the descent and transfer to the hotel
- 11:00 – returning to the hotel
- To the climb the volcano it is better to wear sports and most importantly very warm, windproof clothes, it is quite cool on top of the volcano (about 16 degrees). You will also need convenient closed (!) shoes, flip flops are not suitable. If you come during the rainy season, or it rained last week, take a raincoat!
- Water, lanterns to light the path will be provided during the ascent of the volcano.
- The guide will give you the Bali packed lunch, but better to get yourself a small amount of fruit, snacks or sandwiches.
- Free delivery of the tickets to the hotel in southern part of the island.
- Information support about Bali in English language.
Apply for the trekking trip:
Call us +62 87777120888 (in English) or complete the form below:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Common questions about Batur volcano:
Is it safef?
Yes, it is a simple and safe ascent to the volcano. Training is not required. Anyone who is able to walk can climb it :) You will be accompanied by an experienced guide-instructor who will take care of everything.
Which things would be necessary to take?
First of all warm clothing. Sweatshirt, shirt, pants, scarves. It is quite cool at the top of the volcano. And don’t forget the camera!.
Do we need any extra food?
You will be provide with a Bali style packed lunch, so we recommend to take some fruit, cookies, snacks, etc. Would be great to take a thermos of coffee/tea. Upstairs you can get a coffee or tea, but it’s worth 50,000 rupees.
How long does the excursion take?
The ascent lasts for about two and a half hours. The ascent is in the pre-dawn time, you will be picked up from your hotel in the South of Bali at about one or two am. You will come back in the morning after 11 o’clock.
Where is the volcano Batur situated?
The Batur volcano is located further to the North of the central part of the island of Bali in a place called Kintamani. Batur is located in the caldera of an old volcano.
Is it an active volcano?
Yes, Batur is an active volcano. The last eruption was in 2000. At the moment the volcano is “sleeping” and climbing is safe.