To get to Bali you have to fly to Denpasar airport (DPS). Check for direct flights to Denpasar and also neighboring south-east Asian cities like Jakarta (CGK), Singapore (SIN), or Kuala Lumpur (KUL). From there is an easy, low cost, one way flight to Bali ranging cost of $50-70.
If you are flying with surfboards some airlines might charge you 100-150$ per boards. And some airlines (Qatar, Emirates, Singapore, Garuda etc) let you take one board bag as part of baggage allowance without extra fee.
Check for best deals:
Domestic Indonesia & South-East Asia flights:
How many airports are in Bali?
– There is just one International/Domestic airport in Bali. Located in the south, near major tourist areas, Kuta and Jimbaran. The airport is called Denpasar NgurahRai Airport.
How far is the airport to everything?
– Airport is very close to Kuta , just 20 minutes away (depending on traffic). Jimbaran is about 15-20 minutes drive, Nusa Dua 20-25 min, Seminyak 20-30 minutes, Uluwatu 30 minutes, and Ubud is about 1.5 hours.
How much does a taxi from the airport cost?
– Try to get to the official taxi stand. Prices are fixed and payment is taken per car, not per person. Prices are approximately as follows:
Kuta about 60,000 rupees ($ 6 )
Bukit – 100,000-150,000 rupees ($10-15).
Shuttle service (driver waiting for you with a sign) has a fixed price – $15-20 .
Customs rules on bringing alcohol to Denpasar:
– Only 1 liter of spirit per person is allowed.
Some tricks to try when exceeding the allowable limit:
After picking up your baggage, evenly distribute the bottles in different bags, to prevent customs agents from noticing that you have too much.
Another trick would be to pay $5 to bride the agent.
Is it better to exchange your dollars /euros at the airport?
– The exchange rate at the airport is a bit lower than in the city. I recommend exchanging $100 to have cash in hand so that you don’t have to run around looking for a money exchange office. You may also withdraw money from an ATM machine.
Cheap tickets to Bali
More tips on how to get to Bali and find cheapest tickets